ESITO is committed to providing strategic leadership to the electricity supply industry on current and future skill needs. We do this by undertaking specific research involving companies and trainees. Our aim is to:
- better understand the skill requirements or competencies needed by the industry
- identify the barriers and enablers for trainees to achieve these competencies
- forecast labour requirements and any shortages.
Our research is used to:
- inform our qualifications and product development processes
- help us provide better trainee support and coordination services
- identify long-term and immediate skill shortages
- inform all our stakeholders.
Our findings are published on our website.
Current and recently completed research projects
For information on our current and recently completed research projects, click the following links.
Skilled Migrant Research
Industry Skills Strategy
The Electricity Supply Sector Workforce Forecast reports can be downloaded below.
Electricity Supply Sector Workforce Forecast 2011 Update
(for period 2012-2021)
Electricity Supply Sector Workforce Forecast 2010-2020
Electricity Supply Sector Workforce Forecast 2010- 2010 (Full Report)